What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is basically a listing of information that businesses fill in and lets Google use it for Maps or search results.
GMB was previously known as Google Places and now all Google Place accounts are automatically upgraded to Google My Business accounts.
Here is the official definition:
“Google My Business is a free and easy-to-use tool for businesses and organizations to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps. By verifying and editing your business information, you can both help customers find you and tell them the story of your business.”
And here are the main features provided by Google My Business:
1. Receive and respond to Reviews
2. Post and get photos by customers
3. Post news
Why is Google My Business important?
Without it, your location will not appear in the Google Maps listings, especially for the main local queries when people search on Google from their mobile phones.
1. You have full control of what people see when they search for your business
2. Increase SEO performance and organic search
3. Updates reflect Search and Maps automatically, such as business hours or photos
4. Share photos to boost your offer and increase conversions
5. Post news or offers that people will in search SERPs Knowledge Panel
6. Get analytics on how customers searched for your business, and where those customers are coming from.
To sum up, if you invest enough resources to handle reviews, manage photos, post updates regularly, your Google My Business can turn into a new acquisition channel for your business.
Just think about it.
Google is very different compared to social media networks.
Search is intent-driven, which actually means that the user has the will and interest to do an action. And in some cases, such as the local search, they want to do that action NOW.
So that is why the intent-driven concept allows a business that can match the consumer discovery right at that moment, can win big in increasing conversions.
And if you already have accounts and manage Facebook Pages or Instagram profiles, then you must do the same and start managing your Google My Business.
We here at Blue Wave Concepts will gladly setup and manage your Google My Business listing.